Here's how we can keep each other safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Based on the latest information from the World Health Organisation the likelihood of contracting COVID-19 from a delivery package is LOW, but we would rather be overly cautious, therefore we ask you to follow these procedures:
Receiving your TENS machine via courier:
- Bring the parcel inside (without touching it with your bare hands).
- If you can, leave the parcel for 36 hours before touching it.
- If you need your TENS sooner, use spray and wipe to clean the outside of the bag, open the bag and wipe all surfaces of the container and TENS.
- Wash your hands.
Returning the TENS machine via courier:
- Wash your hands, then use cleaning spray to wipe down all components including the container.
- Place TENS inside the pre-addressed courier bag.
- Either place the courier bag into a NZ Post Box (if it fits) or ring Courier Post on 0800 268 743 to arrange collection of the package from your home address. We are an essential medical service so we are able to use a courier.
- Wipe down the outside of the bag and place the package outside your door for courier collection.
Latest Information from the World Health Organisation:
Yes. The likelihood of an infected person contaminating commercial goods is low and the risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, traveled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low.
It is not certain how long the virus that causes COVID-19 survives on surfaces, but it seems to behave like other coronaviruses. Studies suggest that coronaviruses (including preliminary information on the COVID-19 virus) may persist on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days. This may vary under different conditions (e.g. type of surface, temperature or humidity of the environment).
If you think a surface may be infected, clean it with simple disinfectant to kill the virus and protect yourself and others. Clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, or nose.